This Personal Data Policy describes how we collect, use, store, disclose and protect your personal data. It applies to Stugknuten's website and to all related websites, applications, services and tools where there is a reference to this Personal Data Policy, regardless of how you access or use them. In this Personal Data Policy, we use the term “personal data” to describe information that can directly or indirectly identify a physical person. Through this Personal Data Policy, we describe how we collect, use, disclose and store your personal data in accordance with the GDPR. It is described in this Personal Data Policy and in our terms.
Personal Data Controller
Stugknuten uthyrning AB, 556681-8238 (hereinafter referred to as “Stugknuten”) is responsible for the personal data. Stugknuten is responsible for the processing of your personal data and for providing the services to be provided in accordance with the terms and conditions and within the framework of and in accordance with the principles set out in this Personal Data Policy.
Collection of personal data
When you register an account or send a message to a landlord via our site, we store your personal information in accordance with the agreement we may have with you, before we have an agreement we store your personal data and then use the Legal basis Legitimate interest for this store. Your personal data may be stored outside the EU / EEA region.
We collect and store information that you provide on our websites or that you provide to us in connection with the use of our websites, applications, services or tools.
- information that you provide to us when registering an account or in contact forms on the site, including e-mail address, telephone number, mobile phone number, social security number, date of birth, address, nationality and (depending on the service used) financial information such as bank account number;
- information provided in connection with discussions with other users, dispute resolution, correspondence through our websites or correspondence sent to us; and
- additional documents that we may ask you to submit to verify your identity or if we believe you are violating our rules. For example, we may ask you to send us an identity card or other document to confirm your identity or address, or to answer other questions to confirm your identity.
Use of personal data
Our purpose with the collection of personal data is that you should have access to our websites, and / or be able to use our services, applications and tools, provide you with customer service and relevant information about your account and our services and provide you with a secure, stable, efficient and customized experience. Through this Personal Data Policy, we want to describe to you our purpose of storing your personal data. Our purpose is to;
- direct marketing to you by sending marketing material about Stugknuten's products and online services, Legal basis is Consent and you can withdraw this consent at any time by opt-out in the email or by contacting us;
- give you access to our websites and the services and the customer service you request, Legal basis Agreement and Legitimate interest;
- prevent, detect and investigate fraud, security incidents, potentially prohibited or illegal activities and to enforce our terms, Legal basis is Justified Interest;
- customize, measure and improve our services, content and advertisements via cookies;
- contact you, either by email or by phone to resolve customer service issues, disputes, collect fees, resolve issues with your account or our websites, services, applications or tools, Legal basis Agreements and Legitimate interest;
- contact you by email or phone to inform about changes, Legal basis Agreements and Legitimate interest;
Disclosure of personal data
We disclose personal data in order to fulfill legal obligations, enforce our policies, respond to claims that an advertisement or other content violates the rights of others and to protect the rights, assets or security of third parties. Such information will only be disclosed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations
We may share your personal data with
Supervisory authority, Police Authority, or other authorized third party, to answer questions in connection with a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity or other activity that may give rise to liability for us, you or another user. In such case, we will, to the extent permitted by applicable law, disclose such information that is relevant and necessary to the investigation, such as name, social security number, city, state or province, postal address, telephone number, e-mail address, history of username, IP address, fraud complaint. We will also provide all information requested by the Swedish Tax Agency regarding rentals carried out via Stugknuten's booking service.
Access, review and change of your personal data
You can view, review and change most of your personal information by logging in to Stugknuten. You can change your personal information under My profile. You must update your personal information immediately if it changes or is incorrect. If you publish something on the website, then in some cases you may not be able to change or delete it. However, we will fulfill the rights that you may have by law regarding the possibility of requesting correction or deletion of your personal data.
Transfer of personal data
We store and process your personal data on our servers outside the EU / EEA region. We use physical, technical and organizational security measures, in relation to the amount and sensitivity of personal data, to prevent unauthorized processing, including but not limited to unauthorized access, acquisition and use of, loss, deletion or damage to the user's personal data. Some of the security measures we use are firewalls and data encryption.
Closing of your account and retention of personal data
At your request and in accordance with the provisions of this section, we will terminate your account and delete your personal data as soon as possible so that it is not displayed to other users. Deletion of data will take place based on your account status and in accordance with applicable law. We may also close or disable accounts that are not used or accounts that are used in violation of our terms. In general, personal data relating to closed or inactive accounts will be deleted or anonymised as soon as possible after the account has been closed or deactivated. We may retain personal information related to closed accounts or accounts that are not used if:
In such circumstances, personal data will be handled securely and only for as long as necessary.
- we have a legitimate interest and it is not prohibited by law, such as collecting overdue fees, handling dispute resolution or maintaining our terms; or
- we are obliged to retain the personal data in order to fulfill legal obligations such as compliance with local legislation, the fight against fraud and money laundering, or to take other measures permitted by law.
Subject to the restrictions that follow from the data protection legislation within the EEA, you have certain rights regarding your personal data. You have the right to access, correction, restriction, objection, deletion and data portability. Please contact us if you wish to exercise any of these rights. Please note that information that is part of a business agreement, such as a rental agreement, is not deleted. Messages you have sent to other users on the site are considered to be owned by both you and the other party and will not be deleted as long as both users do not delete their accounts. If you want to request access to all personal information we have about you, please note that photo identification will be required to prove your identity. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Swedish Authority for Privacy Protection if you believe that we process your personal data incorrectly. You can read more about this on the Swedish Authority for Privacy Protection website www.imy.se.
You can contact us at any time at email@example.com if you have any questions.